Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can we lose our house and my husband's 401K due to our son's accident?

Question Details: Our son was in an accident, for which he was unfortunately at fault. Although the other driver appeared fine other than shook up, not just to us, but to the firemen and police at the scene her front airbag deployed and my son was T-boned and all side bags deployed but he had absolutely no injuries, we just received notice that they are requesting from our insurance the limit 100K with medical bills listed as over 92K and the notice states, "Health lien undetermined at this time", which our adjusted stated that could mean that they may sue for any overage. Since he was driving our car and is on our insurance, I am listed as the responsible party. We do not really have any assets other than our home which has 2 mortgages and an unsecured loan attached, our cars that have loans on them, and my husbands 401K. Can they take these if we are sued?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.