Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can a motorist get legal help against a pedestrian who did not follow traffic signals?

Question Details: My husband was driving on an interstate at around 6:00 a.m. All lights are green and he is doing the speed limit. A pedestrian on a bicycle enters a crosswalk where there is a crosswalk signal. The signal said, "Do not cross". My husband hit the lady because he did not see her. She just appeared in front of him on her bicycle before he could see her. There was a police report made and he was found at not to be at fault. I'm not sure if it makes any difference but the woman was a known crack addict that has put herself in this predicament before. The woman ended up seeking legal help. We are just finding out that our insurance settled. Is there any legal help available to us in this situation? I thought nothing of the situation because of the police stating that the accident was not his fault. This happened 2 years ago. We were never updated on the claim, so we assumed the insurance company did not payout. Now we are finding out they did and we are unable to obtain insurance even though it was not his fault.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.