Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can the deed to my home legally be transferred to my children without my permission?

Question Details: I was working with the local housing authority to gain participation into a special program that would allow me to re-mortgage my home at an exceptionally low rate. The qualification was an individual had to be 3 months behind on their mortgage. I was 2 months behind when my dead husband's lawyer called my daughter and said my home was going into foreclosure he never called me to ask what was going on. She contacted her 2 brothers, got a lawyer and put the deed in their name, which disqualified me from the program. They brought the payments up to date but I kept telling them to call the housing authority before they did all that. I never was asked to sign anything, but I'm still paying the mortgage, the utilities, etc. I really feel I was wronged and want my name back on the deed. I'm still being responsible for the house, so why should they own it?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.