Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can teacher sue a school district?

Question Details: My wife is a teacher and she has been having issues with one student who trashes her classroom, breaks/steals personal property, and harms other students/my wife. She has had no support from the head of her school and they always handle office referrals in house. This student who misbehaves likely has an intellectual disability, however the principal will not refer the student for an eval for possible better school placement. My wife is has come home with bruises from the student and bites on multiple occasionsall have been documented according to school policy. Iher husband am getting tired of inaction by the principal. She has voiced her concern about the student with him and he instead blames herall of her other students behave normally and are hitting their marks. It seems like a simple solution to get psych eval and transfer the kid to a school that has training to handle these behaviors, but alas nothing has happened in the last 7 months. Would be reasonable to sue the school for neglecting their responsibility in protecting staff/students in this scenario?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.