Can parts of a separation agreement be changed with just caused after 5 years of divorce?

Question Details: I have been divorce in NC for over 5 years. I have 3 children, ages, 21, 18, 16 with joint custody on the youngest. In the separation agreement that I signed, under emotional distress after being married 21 years of emotional abuse, it was stated I would pay 1/2 of my children's college expenses and would not live with anyone of the opposite sex while I still have my underage children in my home. I am working 2 jobs, struggling to keep my house and my youngest to stay in the school she wants to attend. She cannot go to the school under her father's address. If I want to continue for her to graduate in 2 years, I need to have my current boyfriend of over a year move in to help with expenses. Can I ask the court to change this in the agreement and also the paying 1/2 of college expenses of 3 children since I cannot afford it?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.