Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can my wife take my child to another state?

Question Details: My wife has been saying she's going to divorce me for about 7 months now but she's hasn't filed any papers or anything yet. I haven't gotten to see my daughter much. She moved to another state about 2 months ago for 3 weeks but came back. She won't ever call or answer the phone so I can see or talk to my child. She won't cooperate or co-parent with me. She and my mother are always making the decisions and I'm always being left in the dark, finding out days later where my daughter's at or what she's doing. I get by-passed a lot; what should be my time my mom and wife override me and don't really let me have anything to do with her. This morning, after not hearing from her for several days, I was told last night that they left again to go out of state but I didn't know anything about it. Is this allowed to be done? Do I just have to wait until she comes back to see my daughter?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.