Can an insurer not pay if a car was parked illegally?

Question Details: My car was parked beside the curb right next to the house where I work at. I was there to quickly drop off something. I found out a lady who was under the influence hit my parked car and drove off. Thankfully the neighbor witnessed it and drove after her. As soon as I was about to leave the house a police officer came and told me what happened. Th,e police said the women was under the influence of drugs, claimed to have heart problems and was rushed to the hospital. He stated she was at fault. Then he took pictures on my car and told me I was parked illegally. The front of my car was facing the opposite direction on the side of the rode and I was near a stop sign honestly, the stop sign was not facing in the direction my car was parked, it was placed on a whole other rode and I would estimate it being 15-20 feet away from my car. He said he would have to write it in the report. However, he did not give me a ticket. Can the women's insurance company not fully pay or pay at all due to my car being parked illegally? Should I hire an attorney?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.