Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can I take my kids out of state?

Question Details: My wife filed for divorce about 5 weeks ago. We have 4 small children all under the age of 14. Yesterday, she was in a motorcycle accident with the man she has been having an affair with. I found about the affair in this manner at the hospital yesterday as she admitted it to me. The man was a former boss of mine that is a known alcoholic and drug user. When she admitted to me what was going on, my oldest son was with me; the other 3 were out in the hallway at the hospital. He then asked his grandmother if she knew about the affair and she responded that she did. My oldest and I did not sleep last night. Finally, he said to me, "Dad lets just pack up and go...". What can I do?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.