Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
How Can We Help You?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Can I sue my college for sexual misconduct after being assaulted by my RA?

Question Details: Last fall semester at my university I, along with 2 of my roommates, were sexually assaulted by our RA. He groped us on multiple occasions and would tell us that he wanted to do explicit, sexually suggestive acts to us. He was under 21 at the time and would encourage us to embibe with him. We were made uncomfortable many, many times. We have videos connecting him to the drinking and serving minors we were all under 21 at the time and of him dancing innappropriate as well as being incredibly intoxicated. He was also convicted of having a fake ID and was arrested for it. The university did not protect us from this behavior after details surfaced and the only action they took was demoting him from his position.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.