Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can I sell my house via a quit claim deed and then the buyer can bring an action for quiet title regarding an easement?

Question Details: I just inherited my father's 1 acre and prefab house. When trying to sell it I was made aware there is an easement. Someone gifted half the acre a while back but my paperwork states an acre. I know that I can do a quiet title to clear it up but I don't want too for financial reasons. So, can I sell my house as a quit claim deed and let the buyer do the quiet title when he buys it to clear up this?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.