Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can charges be filed against our mortgage company or foreclosure fought if it refuses to provide proper documentation to get our mortgage up to date?

Question Details: We fell 2 months behind on our mortgage due to a car repair 5 months ago. We requested mortgage assistance from St. Vincent De Paul; they have pledged the 2 months of payments and all they need is a W9 from the mortgage company, however the company has not released one to either myself, my husband or the St. Vincent De Paul Society. They have been completely unresponsive to phone calls, emails and faxes. Both St. Vincent and us have been calling and emailing them since this started 5 months ago. Late fees have also been racking up since the mortgage company refuse to give us the information we need to get them paid. Would this be against MO's foreclosure laws if they decide to pursue that route or do you have any advice on how to retrieve the information needed to get them paid and remove the late fees accrued?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.