Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can an injunction be secured to remove an unlocked gate if there is no easement?

Question Details: We have a dirt road on our property that has been used by a farmer to access farmland behind ours. There is no easement and we never gave him permission but have never tried to stop him in the 2 years we have lived here. We told the owner of the land that we will be putting up an unlocked gate to make the road safer for our kids to ride their bikes on the road and we have also had trouble with random people driving atvs and dirt bikes down the road. His attorney is now threatening legal action against us to secure an injunction and seek attorney's fees and costs if we erect a gate. Since there is no easement would they even be successful at securing an injunction? The owner of the farmland recently was granted an easement on our neighbor's property for access to his property and he is currently constructing a driveway on this easement but until it's finished he wants to continue using our road for his purposes and the farmers as well as no gate erected.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.