Can an excluded driver still seek compensation for damages from the responsible driver?

Question Details: A dependent 21 year old child was injured in a car accident and found out they are an excluded driver on their parent's insurance. Their car insurance company will not help them with filing and will only speak to the parent however, the parent will not respond. Can the excluded driver dependent child still seek compensation for damages from the other driver? If so, should they do so in court or with the other driver's insurance company?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.