Can an employer change a document a status change after I have signed it?

Question Details: My employer changed a document that I signed after I had already signed it, without my knowledge or consent. I do the filing, and found it as I was filing, and my pay rate has been marked through, and a lower pay rate has been written beside it. If I had not seen it, no one would have told me it happened. Do they have the right to do this? And yes, I am looking for another place to work, is anyone hiring an administrative assistant?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.