Can a sue for my money, lost wages and depression?

Question Details: I had a verbal agreement with a guy who owns a car lot. We agreed for him to lease me a truck for my company I was starting for $8,000 finance which I gave home $2500 cash for a down payment. The agreement was for him to rent me his abandoned building free as long as I cleaned it up to make it business like again and that I detail his cars which he would also pay me $500 a week for that would pay for the payment. He said that if I brought him $2500 cash, went to get my LLC which I was already in the process of doing, get a phone number and a big banner to put on the building that he would later parter with me and go 60/40 in the business. He then said how am I a partner because I'm letting you rent the shop free and my chemicals and equipment. So I did everything as agreed and so far I've held up to my end of the agreement but he hasn't. After a week of driving the truck, I told him the muffler was making a noise and he said that he would give me my money back and so far it's been over a month in a half since I've opened for business and I'm out of my money no company vehicle and I haven't been able to work in the shop do to busted pipes. He won't give me my money back.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.