Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
How Can We Help You?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Can a borough, landlord or parent have child endangerment charges brought against them for allowing the minor children to live in house without a Certificate of Occupancy?

Question Details: My ex has debt collectors after him, does not pay nor file IRS taxes, does not seek employment. He slept on a colleagues office sofa for 20 months after the divorce until I filed to receive child support. Then he got his residence with a sham lease whereby he pays no rent just utilities each month. After having seen the inside I went to the borough hall and asked if there was a CO. They said no and that no one lives there. I gave them his lease copy. It has been five months and still no CO. What can I do?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.