Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can a doctor refuse to examine a child because they are homeschool?

Question Details: I have a soon-to-be 7 year old son with ADHD and Autism. Due to this, I had decided, along with his clinical psychologist, that we would homeschool while he was learning to navigate his world. My child's pediatrician seems to believe that this was the wrong choice and has refused to even hear out any of my concerns since the decision was made. I took my son in because of mobility concerns running into walls, only able to walk for around 15 minutes and his doctor informed me that my child needed to be enrolled in public school and referred me to a ADHD specialist in the next state over. My son is seeing a psychiatrist for this already and didn't even glance at my son other then to check his ears, throat and shine a light in his eyes. There are no other available pediatricians in this area and it's starting to cause my whole family stress. Does my son's doctor have a right to bring his personal opinion into this? Is he allowed to ignore my concerns?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.