Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can I sue/revoke an agreement with an accountant due to malpractice?

Question Details: I am a small business owner of several shops. I "contracted" an accountant both for taxes and for business. We didn't pay them because we verbally agreed they would receive a percentage of the company as an investor. No contract was legally written. We recently found out that they didn't process the federal and state taxes correctly and now we have to pay back taxes, plus many fees. They want out of the investment and now are demanding their percentage. Are they entitled to money? Can I counter sue if they sue me or are they bluffing with a lawsuit?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.