Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can I sue the property management company I hired for not going after tenants for damages?

Question Details: I hired a property management company PMC to handle my rental. When the first and only tenants moved out after 2 years, the property was trashed. There were drawings on all walls, holes in doors and walls, damaged trim through out entire house, wires cut on garage door opener, absolutely filthy bathrooms and kitchen, all window screens missing, towel bars rings missing, etc. The tenants also had overdue balances on utilities and didn't pay last months rent. PMC billed the tenant for $8000. The tenant disputed and told PMC they were willing to pay $1300. Now the PMC will not reply to any of my emails and have closed my account, with a check to me with only the remainder of the security deposit $1000, doesn't even cover the last months rent. I have emailed everyone in their office, asking what is going as, as they had told me before that it is their job to take the tenants to court if they don't pay the bill. No one will reply to me, no one will tell me what's going on. Can I sue them for gross negligence in not pursuing payment from tenants and refusing to give me documentation that would even allow me to sue the tenants, which they were supposed to do anyways? I have written documentation of both PMC and tenant acknowledging damage to my property and even willing to pay some, and then silence from PMC.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.