Can I sue the police?

Question Details: Yesterday, I was in a car accident with my 1 year old in the car. At the moment I couldnt feel nothing, I was just shaken and nervous. I called the police to come to the scene and the dispatcher said if i dont need an ambulance they don't need to be called. We hung up, I decided to call again. I asked for them to come again and again they said the same thing. I told them that I started feeling neck pain and I didn't know if my baby was OK since he's only 1 and can't talk but he wouldn't stop crying. Then, 20 minutes later, the other driver decided to leave and I was still there with a crying baby. I decided to leave and go to the hospital myself. The police called me an hour later asking where I was and that they arrived at the scene. I was already at the hospital and told them that and they asked which hospital, I let them know and they still never arrived. Without a police report, my claim against the other driver is getting tough. I feel as though this was very irresponsible of the police. The crash was strong enough to mess up my whole front of the car and my transmission is messed up. There was also a child involved which I let the dispatcher know as well. Would I be able to sue the police for their irresponsibility?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.