Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can I sue the MVD for a 15 year old DUI just that has restricted my license?

Question Details: I received a DUI in AZ and unbeknownst to me, AZ suspended my driving privileges. I am a TX resident with a TX driver's license and cannot get it renewed because of the hold that AZ MVD has on it. They want me to complete an alcohol/drug assessment and install a interlock device in my car for 1 year before they will release the hold. I live in TX and I have zero intentions to ever drive in the state of AZ ever again. Is there a way to sue the AZ MVD for this far reaching policy?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.