Can I sue my college for a fall that I took almost 2 years ago?

Question Details: I'm a doctoral candidate living in graduate housing. The building was brand new when I moved in and at the time I was a supervisor working part-time for a delivery company. One evening shortly after move in, I threw on some flip flops and too the elevator to the lobby, exiting to the trash room with my bag of garbage. It had been rainin, and on entering the lobby from having dropped my trash, I slipped on the hard, wet floor or surface where there were no floor mats. The fall landed me on my hip, which was already damaged due to service connected VA disability. Following the fall I've been unable to work and had lost the job I had following the end of short term disability. There is a camera in the lobby that probably caught the fall; within days there were floor mats in the lobby. I have always suspected that they were installed either due to my slip or someone else's. I honestly was more worried about being able to complete my degree program and not having the money for consultation or retainer, have depended on VA disability as my sole income ever since. Do I still have legal recourse or did I wait too long to start suit?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.