Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can I sue a shipping company?

Question Details: I am from India and live in TX. We buy so many expensive indian clothes and we never get to use them. When we did a survey, many organisations back in India were willing to accept gentle used clothes and many were willing to donate. So for our first shipment, we collected clothes and shipped via overseas shipment through a shipping company expecting to deliver to an organization back in India. They promised to deliver in early March and later they changed to late March. It's already mid may and shipment is still not delivered to destination. Now they say it is congested at the port and have to wait while they are expediting the process. They never provide the status until asked. We put so much of effort into this charity work and organisations back in India even lost the interest. We spent around $1300 for the shipment. I have all the documentation and proof. It's not only the money but the effort we all have spent in it to help people. We are mad at this shipping company for making fake promises. Is this delay expected when you ship overseas? They are very negligent in their responses. What can we do so that companies like this won't give hopes to a common man.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.