Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can I sue a cigar company for the plastic melting and burning my face and hands?

Question Details: I was trying to light a blk cigarillo and the plastic tip caught fire and I moved it away from my lips to blow out the flame. Before flame was out the plastic melted onto my fingers, I shook my hand in pain to get the plastic off and it flew from my hand to my eye and eyelash. My eye was literally sealed shut with plastic. I removed the piece of plastic holding my eye shut and had immediate swelling to the lid and burns covering my entire right eye upper and lower. My eye has scabs and burns and possible scarring now and I have burns on my finger still as well. I took pictures of the injuries, still have the melted cigar tip and the plastic from my face and a hospital record from having to go to the E.R. Nowhere on the packing does it warn these tips can catch fire nor have I ever had one catch fire especially like that. Can I sue for injures and trama or disfigurement to my face because I will have scarring?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.