Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can I sue regarding a surgery that I was not fully informed about?

Question Details: I had a hysterectomy as a cure for endometriosis I was told it was total with nothing remaining but the left over 2 years later at work I was hit with extreme sharp pain that almost made me pass out. I went to the emergency room after taking a urine and blood pregnancy test and ultrasound and transvaginal. I was told it was a ruptured cyst. When asked why they did pregnancy tests when record of my hysterectomy should be on file, I was told to see my gyno. It turns out that he left my left tube and ovary and they thought it was an ectopic pregnancy. When I asked the doctor he couldn't remember what he took out. His files showed I had both ovaries. He never retested just changed his records to reflect what I told him. The operative report shows only right side was removed. Since than I have been in pain and all he's done is suggest more surgery and pain pills; it's been 2 months. I look about 3 months pregnant with symptoms and he's doing nothing. Do I have a suit?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.