Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can I still apply for an ESTA if I have canceled my green card application?

Question Details: I am a British citizen, resident in Spain for 20 years. My daughter is a U.S. citizen and we are applying for a "green card" for me, through an immigration lawyer. Unfortunately I have just been diagnosed with cancer and have no health cover in the U.S. so I want to cancel the application for "Legal Permanent Resident" and just visit with my daughter in TN. The immigration lawyer we are using says that if I cancel my application, I will not be able to visit the U.S. at all, not even with an ESTA. Is this true?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.