Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can I press charges against my soon-to-be ex-husband for having liquidated the pension plan of our equally co-owed S-corp?

Question Details: After my husband left, my lawyer had me hire a forensic accountant immediately over 2 years ago. I then discovered that our pension plan set up through our ex accountant with an actuary for 10 years which we both contributed in had been converted into a money market 9 years ago and put into 3 new accounts to be used to launder and then put into our business to pay off debts. I never knew about these accounts or that the fund was empty. My husband has maintained from the start of our divorce that he used the money to support us. That is not true and I have proof. I paid for all our expenses from my personal checking account. He took out over $37,000 annually from ATMs sometimes 3 times in one day. This pattern is not someone who is taking care of his family. How do I press charges? I have every bank statement of all accounts, checks made out to himself, me with my signature forged and moneys missing over $300,000. The judge in our divorce doesn't think it matters because it was marital money.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.