Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can I make my surgeon pay for additional surgery that I need due to his negligence?

Question Details: I fell and broke my ankle about 6 months ago, my own fault. I had surgery but was still in pain. After surgery, I only had follow-up visits with the PA and he told me all was fine and that I might always have some pain and numbness but released me 2 months ago. I just went to another surgeon for a second opinion. He said I shouldn't be in pain as my bones are completely healed and looked good. However, on the side where he put screws in one is sticking out too far when it should be flush with the bone and this will cause pain. The only way to relieve it is to either have it removed or have it screwed in more so another surgery. He also said maybe too much hardware was put in but then he stopped talking. He said the only way that he could see relieving all my pain was to remove all the hardware. I have a plate on the other bone. This will cost me money and pain all over again so I thought I would see if there was a chance I could get the surgeon to pay for it. I know it's a long shot.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.