Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can I get the deductible that I am out of pocket from my leasing office for a theft that occurred due to a broken window about which I complained?

Question Details: The kitchen window of my apartment was loose. I went to the leasing office and compained about it but no action was taken. After few days, someone broke into my house and stole my car keys/car, 2 mobile phones and an iPad. I did go to leasing office asking management to take care of all the deductibles for renter's and car insurance but they declined. I heard there were 2 other break-ins that happened in last few days and in fact previously there was police patrolling during night but that was stopped by new manager. We did ask him why patrolling was stopped and he told us there were no more incidents in area that's why there is no patrolling. All the robbery happened after that. I don't feel safe living in the community with my wife and kids and wants to break the lease. Can I can break lease without penalty and have the leasing office pay my deductibles? I have been through lot of stress because of this and had to miss my work.I don't feel my family is safe in my own apartment.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.