Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can I force the sale if my house is jointly owned with my ex-partner?

Question Details: I have been on the title with my ex-partner of our home since the house was purchased 21 years ago. I left the relationship and home 9 years ago but continued to provide funds toward the house because my ex-partner is on SSA disability. I have tried to live there on and off but leave the house because of the hostile environment. I now want it sold. He now does not want to sell but will not buy me out. I want to force the sale of the house. Could I sue for a partition sale?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.