Can I file a small courts claim for fees incurred regarding a voided house purchase?

Question Details: We entered a contract to purchase a house 2 months ago. We had the bank appraisal, inspection and a separate HUD inspection done; we were ready to close. However, 1 week before closing, the power of attorney was contested and the court ruled that the house could not be sold. Is it possible to get our $1600 back on this house that couldn't be sold? I saw that the small courts claim guide has this statement, "A small claim may not be filed for any claim involving the title to real estate". Does this mean that no real estate transaction may be brought to small claims court, like in our situation? Do we have another recourse to get our money back in this case?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.