Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Do I have a per se defamation lawsuit against the supervisor, cop and nurse whose utterances of false accusations to the board of directors led to my termination?

Question Details: I have been employed full-time for 4.5 years with the same company. My supervisor accused me of being under the influence of drugs. Then security and my supervisor escorted me to medical where my vitals wee taken and eyes examined. They said that I had a high heart rate and that my pupils were dilated and not reacting to light. An outside lab was called in and I was asked to take a urinalysis drug test. Company policy states that, "If reasonable suspicion is raised a saliva methodology test will be ordered". I was never offered the chance to take a saliva methodology test and I refused to take the urinalysis drug test. Company policy states that, "Refusal to take the saliva methodology test is the same as a positive drug test". I did not refuse the saliva test; it was never offered. I was then suspended from my job immediately after due to refusal to submit to a urinalysis. The case was sent to the board of directors who then fired me.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.