Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can I demand a copy of an insurance company investigation and demand a different adjuster for a second investigation?

Question Details: I fell from a ladder at my parent's home while I was helping them. I have sustained a concussion and back injuries and was out of work for 3 weeks. I am still on restricted duty. My father filed a homeowners claim and the insurance company said they found no negligence and will pay a small amount of doctor's bills but no lost wages or compensation. An insurance agent friend of mine told me that I have the legal right to see a copy of their investigation and ask for a second investigation if I don't agree with the adjusters decision. I have asked for a copy of their findings and so has my father the insured. She says they don't release their findings and they will not get a different adjuster to do an investigation. They state that this adjusters investigation is final. Do I or the insured have a right to their findings? Do we have the right to request a another investigation with a different adjuster? Is there a statute that I can refer to?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.