Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can I contest a speeding ticket in a school zone?

Question Details: I was recently issued a ticket for speeding 39 mph in a school zone. I live in a community adjacent to the school and usually don't use that route at that time of the day. Unfortunately, on this specific day I had to and was a little distracted and could have missed the flashing light. Although, I have lived in this area for 3.5 years now and on several occasions have seen those lights operate at random times even when school was off, so I have my doubts on whether or not it was active at that time. Coming back to my ticket, I noticed that the officer completely misspelled my car make as "Hobbs trailers" instead of "Honda Civic". She also had the direction that I was traveling in reverse northbound instead of southbound. Based on that and the location of my ticket, I would actually be outside the school zone by about 30ft when her radar would have caught me. Can I use this technicality and contest the case?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.