Can I be sued over a car accident in which I pled "no contest"?

Question Details: About 2 years ago, I was involved in a car accident on my way home. I had to speak with a peace officer at my local court. After reviewing the case, he decided for the case to end up in "no contest" and I had to pay a fine of $220. Now, 2 years later, the other party are suing me for injuries. What should I do?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.