Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
How Can We Help You?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Can I be arrested for theft regarding time card fraud?

Question Details: I work for a day labor company and I get paid at the end of everyday when I bring my ticket time sheet back to the office. The manager of the company that you get sent to work for the day fills out the ticket, writes in how many hours you worked for the day, signs and dates it. I bring the ticket back to the office and my company pays me out. Well, I was working for the same place everyday for a couple of months. I got into an argument with a manager and quit going. I have been filling out my own tickets, writing in 8 to 10 hours a day, forging a signature and taking the tickets back to the office everyday and get paid for hours I have not worked. I have been doing this for about 4 months now and that company continues to pay the day labor company I work for every week. I just stopped doing this a couple days ago but I think there is a small chance that company might find out. If they do what course of action can they take against me? They have already paid for the hours I worked. Since they already paid and didn't take the time to look over the bill my company sent them they send them a bill for the hours I work every week and this has been happening for months is there anything they can do to me? Can I still legally get into trouble for theft even if they paid the bill and continued to do so every week for months?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.