Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can my insurance company charge me for my son after payment in full?

Question Details: I had a 6 month auto policy paid in full. Several months into the policy, I received notification that my son would be added to the policy if I did not provide proof of his insurance. They said this is because my address is on his driver's license. He does not live with me, nor do I have contact with him. He has not lived with me for the entire term of the policy. I called them to explain, they said they require a legal document notarized at my expense. I provided this to them at great time and expense, but it was not fast enough for them, so they cancelled my insurance and now they say I owe them money or they will ruin my credit. How can this happen when I have paid them in full and their billing does not work on credit, it is paid up front.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.