Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

How to get a refund if my town over assessed property tax on my motorhome?

Question Details: My partner and I purchased a new motor home 7 months ago. We received a partial property car tax bill in December of last year and then another full property tax bill in July. When we received the full property tax bill, we noticed that the town over assessed the motor home by approximately $50,000 more then we paid for the vehicle brand new. We were able to protest that July bill and the town admitted fault. We were refunded $1000. However, the town assessor's office is refusing to refund us the difference on the partial tax bill that we paid for in December. When we spoke to the assessor they stated that it was out of their hands and that if we hire a lawyer they would not fight it. We consider this a clerical error and don't feel that we would have to hire a lawyer to fight it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.