Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Do you have to provide an insurance company with your bank and phone records?

Question Details: My vehicle was stolen out of my driveway in a thought to be safe neighborhood. It was missing for about a month. All keys and statements pertaining to my income and police report have been sent to my insurer to review. My vehicle, per the police, was found at a "dope motel". It is torn up and has had 2,000 miles put on it in a month. The insurance company sent me a quote for the damages. I said I will absolutely not take this offer. Needless to say I was not happy was the offer the adjuster gave me. So they sent my case to an investigator. I have been compliant with the statement and now she is asking for bank statements, phone records and they have increased my yearly rates. Do I have to give her my bank statements I signed a notarized document stating that everything was up to date and my income information. She called and left me a voicemail stating that the report for police stated no leads. She was calling the dealership where my vehicle was purchased from to obtain the number of keys purchased. She stated if I wasn't compliant they could cancel my claim.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.