Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

At what point can of my fiance's application process, can she petition for me to stay in the U.S.?

Question Details: My fiance UK resident and former holder of an expired green card is going through the process of a new green card application filed by her 26 year old son U.S. citizen and so far has her I-130 receipt and is about to file her adjustment of status form. I am here in the U.S. with our 6 year old daughter until October. Can she start to petition for me now? If not at what point can she start the process? And will I have to return to the UK first or is it possible for me to stay in the U.S.?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.