Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Is there any legal action I can take to help cover the expenses that the athletic department of my university has caused me?

Question Details: I was a student-athlete for 4 years. For all of those years I was having shoulder issues that affected my performance. I went to see the trainers hundreds of times, who told me that nothing was seriously wrong with my shoulder and that I did not need any further examination. I graduated 8 months ago and now I am an accountant. Recently, my shoulder pain got to the point where it affected my work at the office, so I decided to go see an orthopedist. They had me get an X-ray right away and they diagnosed me with extreme arthritis that was caused from years of wear and tear and incorrect treatment. They have now told me that I need an MRI and that this will require surgery soon and most likely multiple surgeries for the rest of my life. Also, the university's head athletic trainer has just been cited by the state for having a total of 5 unlicensed staff members working as assistant athletic trainers.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.