Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Am I entitled to compensation?

Question Details: I fell at work on January 16th of this year. I reported it to my supervisor. She did no accident eport. I also was not feeling hurt until 1 or 2 weeks later, which resulted in my missing work. Upon going to the hospital, on February 26 it was revealed I had herniated 3 of my lower disks. I went to work on March 5th and asked my supervisor that I be laid off because I was unable to work. She said no because it would look bad on the World College. I had informed another supervisor that I was hurt and unable to come to work. On the day I had called her, March 8, to tell her this she printed and mailed a letter of termination which I received on March 12. All after she had told to come in and apply for FMLA. I applied for unemployment which was denied because they are saying it was abandonment of duty and also that I didn't report my injury as work related nor did I file workman's comp. I'm in the process of appealing that now. I am unaware of all these rules do to the fact I have limited reading and writing skills. My wife is the one who has looked up most of this information now. I'm hoping you can be of some help as it is a financial hardship on us, our landlord has threatened to throw us out even though we have no lease agreement. Is there anything I can do?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.