Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What options do I have if the dealership that I purchased my car from needs me to change the deductible?

Question Details: I initially was told that I was approved for the great financing that not many quality for. I signed the 5 year no money down contract and made arrangements to pick up the car the next day. I asked for the VIN so I could shop for insurance. I switched my old car out, added comprehensive and collision and opted for the 1K deductible. However, when I went in the next day I was told there was a hiccup and that I actually did not have a credit score even close to qualifying so my only option was less desirable financing which is now a 6 year. Being late for work, I reluctantly signed, got in the car and drove away. Now 2 weeks and 1500 miles later, I have 3 messages from the dealership saying the bank will not fund them until I switch to a $500 deductible. This turns out to add just over 3K more out of my pocket for the duration of my loan. What options do I have?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.