What to do regarding a bigamous marriage?

Question Details: I married my "husband" about 1 1/2 years ago. We have since separated and I found out he is married to another woman in another state who he married 6 year ago while he was married to his first wife. She has been trying to divorce him since for the past 6 years but has been unsuccessful because he has been uncooperative. We spoke and she is filing again tomorrow. I understand that my marriage is void but how do I go about handling this situation? Am I single? How can I get the social security administration to change my name back to my maiden name? What do I need to do?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.