What is the statute of limitations for bank fraud?

Question Details:

A roommate stole my debit card and deposited some old checks with my information on them. I filed a police report soon thereafter. The roommate and I had come to some sort of civil agreement amongst friends so that they could begin paying back some of the debt. Needless to say they did not hold up their of the bargain. So here I am a year and a few months later and I would like to pursue this matter. Is that still a possibility? And if so what do I do, will the police even have a copy of the police report?  Basically, what actions should I take or what recorse do I have?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.