How do I get my grandchildren out of foster care?

Question Details:

My ex-daughter in law lost my grandchildren to DHS. My son has pending allegations so he cannot do anything until he is cleared in DHS court in July. Today in court the mother of the children will not get them back until her next court date in June, providing she can get a job and a place to live. DHS had me fill out a home study packet a month ago, but they are dragging their feet about it. The judge would not even listen to anything I had to say. How can I go about getting my grandchildren out of foster care? Will Grandparent's Rights help me at this point?

Answered 6 years ago| Contributor
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.