Ask a Real Estate Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

New Real Estate Legal Questions & Answers

What are my rights to my father's house after his death if I've made the mortgage payments for 10 years?

Have you spoken to your father about the possibility of changing the deed to …


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 8 months ago

If my sister and I own a house together and have a mortgage loan together as well, can I have my name removed from both?

you could quitclaim deed the property to her to put it in her name.  …


Redman Ludwig, P.C. answered 4 years ago

Can I sue a seller for intentionally covering up a burn on the countertop in the kitchen and not disclosing it?

First of all, I would mention the old Latin term of " caveat emptor"' …


Law Offices Of Terence Fenelon answered 4 years ago

Can a contractor that my contractor hired, take me to court for work done on my house if my contactor has not paid him?

This of course depends on the specific facts of your situation.  Did the subcontractor …


Malka & Kravitz, P.A. answered 4 years ago