Ask a Child Custody, Support, Adoption Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

New Child Custody, Support, Adoption Legal Questions & Answers

If my children's father and I were never married and I have physical custody of our children, do I have legal custody also?

Child supoort orders are generally separate from Custidy and Visitiation orders.  If theer is …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 6 days ago

What can I do if my father was court ordered to pay school expenses and other expenses in a final divorce agreement but he has never paid?

Please consult an attorney in the state in which the divoce settlement was entered.  …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 10 months ago

What to do if I want to change venue from one state to another?

The general rule is that custody cases are held in the state and county …

FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 2 years ago