Can I take kids my children on vacation out-of-state without their mother's permission?

Question Details:

I am a father of 2 and planned a vacation on 12/11/09 to go to FL with my 2 kids.  I want to take them to Disney World. I booked the package on online and nothing is refundable. The mother, who still lives at my house, is now not letting me take the kids. We have not been to court or plan on going to court for custody. What can I do? Do I have to ask a judge to grant me permission, if so is it to late?

Peter Grain / Peter S Grain Esq Answered 5 years ago This attorney is licensed in Illinois View Attorney Profile Important Notice