Ask a Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer. No obligation, answers to your legal questions.

New Legal Questions & Answers

If I'm a federal employee, can my employer garnish my whole check?

Depending on the reason your wages are being garnished, the amount that is leaglly …


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney answered 1 day ago

What to do if my father recently died and left a Will that has 2 witnesses but is not notarized?

A valid formal will in California requires that testator the creator of the will …


M.H., Member, California Bar answered 7 months ago

If I'm currently renting a home but we are in a draught, what is my responsibility regarding lawn care?

Given the unprecedented drought in California, I would simply submit a written letter to …


M.H., Member, California Bar answered 8 months ago